A clean and tidy kitchen increases the beauty of a house. A clean kitchen is one of the most favorite places for a housewife.But, it may seem a daunting task.Again, sometimes, the hardest part about getting a task done is knowing where to start and how to end.That’s why it’s better to break the task into manageable sections.It will be a few times easier to finish the work.
How To Clean Your Kitchen – Simple Steps To Clean Your Kitchen
- Mild detergent
- Mild dish soap
- Clean Cloth
- Damp Cloth
- Scouring pad
Cleaning Process: While cleaning your kitchen, try to follow this step by step method.It will help you to do the job effortlessly.
Cleaning The Stove Top
- At first, Wipe the burners.You should clean your burners regularly.If you have a gas burner, wash it by hand with warm water and soap. And if your burner is electric, then wipe debris with a moist sponge.
- Then, Wipe the stove surface.If grease spills on your stovetop, clean it immediately because it becomes difficult to remove as it hardens.
- Now, remove the control knobs and wash them with a mild dish soap.
- Wipe the outside of the vent hood with a soapy cloth.Wash away the suds with a damp cloth and then dry with a dry cloth.Once a month, clean the vent filters and put them back only after drying them properly.
Clean the oven: Remove the grates from the oven and soak them in soapy warm water.Then, use a scouring pad to scrub the grates.Set a wet sponge in the microwave and ‘cook’ for 2 minutes.Once, the sponge is cool enough to handle, wipe down the inside and outside of the microwave with it.Mix 1/4 cup salt,3/4 cup baking soda, and 1/4 cup water.It is a very effective oven cleaning solution.Deeply clean the oven with this mixture.Then, wipe the oven with a clean rag.Replace the racks when they are dry.
Clean out the Refrigerator: First, unplug the Refrigerator and remove your frozen items.Throw out the expired items and put the rest in a cooler.Then mix 1 cup water,1 tsp dish soap and, and 1 tsp white vinegar. Shake the solution and put it in a spray bottle.Spray the freezer with this mixture.Now, wipe down every surface with a clean rag.Dry it off with paper towels.Plug the Refrigerator back in and restore frozen goods in their proper places.
Cabinets And Counters:
- Remove foods or kitchen supplies from the cabinets.Wipe your cabinets with a wet, soapy rag to remove dust and grains.Then, clean the front of your cabinets.Grime and grease can build up in the front of cabinets.Wipe them with a wet rag and dry them thoroughly to avoid color distortion.
- Wipe down your counters.You should do this every day after cooking.Wipe down your counters with a sponge and soapy water.Wipe them dry with a clean rag or paper towels.
Cleaning The Sink: Before cleaning your sink, wash all the dirty utensils.Then, wipe the basin and fixtures/fittings of the sink.Wipe the basin with a sponge and soapy water.Rinse along the edges of the basin as well.Then, clean around the tap.To clean difficult areas of the tap, use a toothbrush dipped in warm water.
If your sink is having a hard time draining, run the garbage disposal to get rid of anything that might be lurking down there.Sanitisation of your disposal is also necessary.For that, make frozen cubes of vinegar in an ice tray, drop them down the disposal, then pour boiling water into it as you run the disposal.This will also sharpen your garbage disposal’s blades.
Cleaning Smaller Appliances: Consult appliance manuals to clean the smaller appliances in the best way.Appliances you should clean include your toaster, coffee maker, blender, and juicer.
Keep all the appliance parts together.Clean one appliance at a time, so that you are not confused.Be careful about the appliances so that, any part doesn’t get lost.Then, fix each part of these appliances carefully.
Finishing Up: Now, it’s time to give the finishing to your work.Sweep the floor with broom and dustpan.Before deep cleaning, sweep any specks of dust, crumbs, and garbage spilled on the floor.Use a mop and bucket of soapy water to deep clean your floor.
Now, cleaning is finished.After you have finished cleaning, put all cleaning supplies back in their proper place.Last, of all, take out the trash.Wash the trash can with soap and water.Replace the bag with a new one.Now, it’s time to relax.A job is done wonderfully.Cleaning your kitchen will be less painful and easier if you follow the above-listed steps.Cooking will be fun if your kitchen is clean and tidy.